Tuesday, May 19, 2009

just one soul

If dancing can change the world,
I would wear out a million pairs of shoes.
If crying could wash out all the hatred,
I would cry my heart out.
If singing could pacify the restless mankind,
I would hum lovely lullabies.

I wish I could bring you lovely melodies,
I wish I could dance away your pain for you,
I wish I could tuck you in at night with soothing lullabies,
I wish I could wipe away your tears,
And fears.

I wish I could change the world.

If smiling could bring another smile on the way,
I would smile forever.

And that is exactly what I intend to do.

If I could touch one soul,
Just one soul,
The way you touched mine,
With that beautiful smile,
I would smile….
And smile….
And smile…
And smile….

For I cannot change the world,
But I can smile,
And wish that the smile makes a difference,
Even if it is for one soul,
Only for one soul.

Yours.


Salatiga, May 18, 2009

No comments: