Sunday, May 31, 2009

can't dance without you...

So many steps taken,
Many arms held,
Music turned up,
Rhythm counted,
But in my heart…
You will always be….

No salsa will feel the same without you, Steve,
For all the months we trained together,
All the rhythm miscalculated,
All the steps miscounted,
All the trials and errors made,
All the fun we shared.

No lead will match up to you, Julio,
For all the graceful moves,
The gentle but defined leads,
The unmistaken guide through impossible moves.

No bachata will feel the same without you, Matt,
The other side of you I’ve seen through the songs,
And the moves,
And the leads,
How it made you a completely different lead than in salsa,
How gentle you could be,
And how an amazing bachata you made.

No learning on the spot will be the same without you, Nat,
And how we learnt to bachata right there on the dance floor,
And having fun was much more than just looking cool,
And making the right moves.

And there will be no moment that I hear reggaeton when I don’t miss you, Tyler,
For finally…
In my crazy little world,
Somebody actually jumped at the chance to share a reggaeton with me,
And it had been purely fun and energizing.

And for all you,
A million of thank you’s and love,
For making such a magical journey
Through music and dance.

And forever you will be,
In my heart,
Whenever I dance to our songs.

No comments: